Monday 1 April 2013

Prayer of Saint Ephraim


We use the Lenten Prayer of Saint Ephraim throughout this season both in church and at
home.
For those who are new to us or have forgotten how it goes, here are the words together
with indications of when prostrations should happen.
Don’t leave it to the Priest, Servers and Choir but find a space with a carpet where you can
take part!
O Lord and Master of my life,
Take from me the spirit of sloth, meddling, lust of power and idle talk.
prostration
But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience and love to thy
servant.
prostration
Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own sins and not to judge my
brother,
For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages. Amen.
Prostration
Repeat the whole prayer with one prostration at the end


-------------------------